View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

OP -- On the matter of grades, MysticCat makes a very good point which is as valid for exams as it is for postings: Identify your main point quickly and clearly. For example, your principal point might be: "I am considering depledging a fraternity chapter for several reasons and rerushing other houses next semester. How does depledging (not for RFM reasons) affect one's opportunities during recruitment?" You can then embellish the backstory a bit with salient facts (not TMI). The takeaway is to state your principal point clearly first. Then add secondary and tertiary points. This approach may help you with some of your exams.

As to your specific question, do expect similar responses to those above: There are too many variables (campus culture, specific personal facts, etc) to enable a response other than "Give it a try."

Lastly, kudos for the internship. Depending on your major, your GPA may or may not matter 10 minutes after you graduate. I have had transcripts requested (for GPA purposes, not just validation of resume credentials) 10 YEARS later. It's not terribly informative in my view, but just be aware there are those employers who "care".

Last edited by pinksequins; 10-28-2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: bad typing