View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blove View Post
So I'm a transfer, but I missed Fall Rush (our formal rush). I really want to rush in the Spring, but I'm not sure if I should, just because this seems pretty "late in the game" to do so.

Also, my parents said they would only pay for the sorority fees if I live in the house. At our school, transfers are guaranteed to live in the house their 4th year, but if I rush in the Spring, would that still count? Or would it be only if I did earlier in the fall.. If not.. I don't think I can pay for the fees on my own

Any help?
As far as whether you should or not, only you can determine that. I always say that it never hurts to try. You'll never know if you'll get a bid if you don't rush. We can't tell you for sure whether you'll get a bid or not, but it's worth a try. Even if you don't get a bid, you'll still get the chance to meet new people at your school.

As for the dues/fees and housing, I don't know for sure because I don't go to your school. I would double check this with someone in Greek Life at your school.

A word of advice about finances: I always tell girls to make sure that a sorority is something that they can realistically afford to commit to BEFORE they go through any rush. Talk to mom/dad and see what they are willing to pay, what you can afford to pay, etc. and make sure you can afford it. It is a significant financial commitment.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 11-22-2008 at 12:14 AM.