View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Geometric Recruitment

Hi Everyone.

I thought I would tell you my niece's story as we are waiting for the fun to begin in the next few weeks.

My niece (Sally) goes to a small college and there were five sororities on campus.

Sally has been inundated with sorority stories for years as there are 13 women in our family that are Greek. She knew she wanted to be a member of a GLO since grade school.

Sally (obviously not her real name) loves Geometry, so we are going to use shapes for our GLO names.

Here are the sororities and the reputation that Sally heard from the other girls in her dorm. Yes, she listened to the tent talk, sigh. Sally's roommate lived in the college town and her Mom worked in administration, so she had ideas ahead of time as what she thought was a cool chapter and what she thought was not.

Triangle - Losers, this was not the sorority that you want to join.
Circle - Fat girls and that they were duds.
Square - Smart girls and big partiers.
Trapezoid - THE ONE.
Rhombus - Second to THE ONE, a mix of duds and pretty girls.

Sally signed up for recruitment as soon as she could. She had recommendations to all chapters. She had beautiful clothes and had been counseled on what to say. She was also counseled by me several times to not listen to the tent talk. Sigh.....she did anyway.