View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 02:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .... View Post
yes I am.
before coming to college I DID NOT want to be in a sorority because of movies like stomp the yard and because of all the stereotypes and bad things I heard. Since being here, I have decided that I want to be in a sorority because they are exactly the opposite (at least at my campus) of most of the stereotypes.
I was only looking for answers as you stated. You thought you were interested in another org., but you found something better for you in the one you chose.
1) Entertainment avenues NEVER provide accurate information. They never can and never will. These organizations are like learn as you go. Like on the job training.

2) Then you get to college and you magically discover that they are opposite to what you thought. That hurts.

3) Then IMO, you are missing Ladygreek's point for choosing her sorority--she chose it because it was in her heart. That is the keyword here. She may have glanced at others for a split second, infinitesimal moment. But thrashing about to say, "Is XYZ sorority really for me"--what more do we need to sell you on with our merits?

Honey, it is either there or its not... Either you feel something or you don't...

Most of us all agree on that...

We will all agree that being part of organization takes lots of work, patience and management, but we had it in our very hearts to pursue our respective sororities.

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana