View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
It's not only about the questions being asked but whether answers to those questions will then be misused, against schools whom politicians have some type of intellectual grudge.

Unnecessary fear, loathing and worry about 'indoctrinations' which do not exist can easily be promoted to some constituants by political powers in situations like this.
Hence my sarcastic question: What could go wrong?

I wonder if part of what they're aiming for is determining which schools are more conservative so as to focus on those areas during elections - sending people to push voter registrations, placing additional manned ballot drop boxes on and near those campuses, etc.

Also, I just came across this statement to the Kentucky interim Joint Committee on Education by Commissioner Jason E. Glass.

https://www.kentuckyteacher.org/news...9_2zlhhcviTfis

Not only did he say why Kentucky should not move forward with laws similar to those currently being passed in other states (to ban CRT), but he briefly explained the potential repercussions, stood up for the educators in his state, and provided a solution and compromise.

Bravo!

@~/~~~~

Last edited by ASTalumna06; 07-08-2021 at 11:09 AM.