View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Some schools have an upperclassman quota. If your school has this, you have a better chance as a Sophomore than as a Junior. To answer this question, I would call the Greek Life office at your potential new school.

Grades are of primo importance.

Another option, since Baylor has a Spring Rush is to go through recruitment there. If you decide to accept a bid, it may change your mind regarding transferring—unless you are transferring this spring and not next fall. If you accept a bid and initiate, you could possibly affiliate with that group on your new campus. That being said, you may not click with them at the new school so that is a risky gamble. What is not a risky gamble, is to go through recruitment at Baylor just for the experience. This will really help your confidence going through recruitment at your new school. If you do this, and don’t intend to accept a bid, please remove yourself from the process after the first few rounds so you don’t take a bid that might go to a girl who really wants it. Does this make sense?

Re: how competitive is recruitment? Spend some time looking at recruitment stories. I believe I’ve seen several from both schools you mentioned. That might help you form your opinions.

Best wishes for whichever route you decide.