View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocalagirl View Post
Are there any plans to open any other chapters in Florida? I know there used to be chapters at University of Florida, Florida State University and Jacksonville University. The last chapter at UF to colonize was Delta Zeta in 2003 and all but two chapters (who have been there longer than DZ) didn't make quota. FSU's last chapter was SDT, who re-colonized I believe somewhere around 2003-2004. I would love to see these chapters recolonized at our flapship universities.

From what I have heard the chapter at UF will never be reopened because it had such a hard time with recruitment. They tried to turn all the actives alum and start over, and it was a complete failure. (There is actually an article about it in the UF paper online, just look up university of florida alpha xi delta on google.

I also would love to see chapters at these schools, since they are the schools that our state is known for. I dont know anything about FSU, or even why they closed, the rumor is hazing.

I'd also like to see chapters at USF and FGC. FGC would be great because it such a new school, and over time the chapter would be apart of the schools history.

Heck Im not picky, I just want more florida chapters, lol.