View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Party Three: First Datebook

A chilly morning, I woke up before the sun had risen and I couldn't contain my excitement! It was finally here, the first day of recruitment! They day where I would meet so many wonderful girls and my potential future home! I got to the meeting spot and there were girls clutching coffees and chatting anxiously to one another. I met up with my Rho Gamma group and it was time to begin!

My first house was Aurora, we stood outside their gargantuan house for almost ten minutes until they talked out. In perfect order and togetherness they stepped out two by two, made eye contact with one of us and took us inside. I talked to two great girls! The conversation seemed really easy and it just flowed. We had so many things in common, it was just easy. Then they began their song, and wow! The noise was so great and loud, I almost started to cry! I was to moved by everything happening around me. I didn't think I would, but I really loved Aurora! They were great and I really hope I get to see them again tomorrow.

The Merida and Cinderella houses are right by one another, I felt my heart when I saw the Cinderella house, it was the most beautiful piece of architecture I had ever seen. Then we talked by the Cinderella house and stopped at the Merida house. The whole time they were taking girls into the house I was looking jealously over at the girls being led into the Cinderella house, wondering when it would be my turn. I was double rushed at this house, the other PNM with my was quite a dud. They kept switching us out with a new girl every couple minutes! It made the conversations really choppy and I didn't get to connect with any of the girls. Right before they sat us down for their song, the Vice President of Membership came and talked to me! That was pretty cool. While I wouldn't mind going back to this house, I just didn't get the same feeling I had had at Aurora!

Next it was off to Anna, I didn’t know anything about this house, so I had no idea what to expect! What I didn't expect, was that I would fall in love. I felt so great at Anna, the girls were really cool and totally my style. So many people were complementing me on my outfit. I just felt really at home with them and in their house. Their songs were awesome and their moves were really in synch. I thought the floor might break they jumped so much! I didn't want to go when he party was over, all I wanted to do was to stay in their and keep talking with them. I will be so devastated if Anna isn't on my party list tomorrow, I really hope they liked me as much as I liked them!

We had a break then, Cinderella! I was so excited to be at Cinderella, the girls I talked to there where really great and they had a crazy cute video! I connected really well with the girls I talked to, we had really similar interests. I really really like Cinderella, but after their party I didn't leave with the same glow I had after leaving Anna.

Then Snow White, I was picked up by a girl who looked a little dazed. If that makes any sense. She didn't really seem to be in the moment, I’m sure she was just really tired but it wasn't a great start. The second girl I talked to a lot more, she had rushed as a sophomore as well! It was great to hear her experience. There were a lot of alumni milling around this chapter, they seen to be a smaller group, so alumni were doing things that girls had been doing at the other houses. Like with Merida, I wouldn't mind seeing them tomorrow at all, I just didn't really click with them.

I was really happy to be at Ariel next! They had a really different ways of taking us into the house, it was really fun and made everything seem like a party. Again I met crazy great girls! The conversation was really easy and fun and they seemed to be really happy to be talking to us. Their house was really old and beautiful inside, it almost looked like it came from a story book. Their songs were really fun and cute! I can totally see myself being an Ariel.

I had a bit of a trek to get to Belle from Ariel. The girl who picked me up first was one of the ones I had talked to during Meet the Greeks! She remembered me and the conversation we had then. I really loved the girls I talked to at this house and they had the cutest song and chant of the day! It was really clean and so memorable. I am hoping that I see Belle on my schedule for tomorrow!

I had been looking forward to Rapunzel all day! I was so excited to be there, but unfortunately it did not go great. I was one of the last girls called and I was paired with another PNM. The other girl immediately asked to use the restroom, so the active and I stood awkwardly in the hall outside the bathroom while all the other groupings were spread out outside and in the living room. When the other girl finally came out we were outside for less than ten minutes before the girl brought us into the other room to watch their perform an then to be led out. I only got to talk to one girl and the other PNM I was with was dragging everything down. I was so disappointed! I would like to go to Rapunzel again, but I am unconvinced that I will be invited back.

The last house I went to was Elsa. I was feeling the pain in my feet and starting to get very tired when I made it over to Elsa, but after what had just happened at Rapunzel I was determined to have a goo time at Elsa. Happily, I did! The girls I talked to were till really bubbly even after their long day and they seemed to like me as well! When they got to their performance, it was just as energetic as if it was the first party! They looked like they were having the most fun of the day, they were basically just having a big dance party with each other. I really wanted to join in with them!