View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharoebruh View Post
what's the best way to drop? i really don't fit in with the brothers but i don't want to hurt them. i can say money but they'll probably just say that i could fundraiser that money if i really wanted this and i should just fundraise the money. what do i even respond to that. any suggestions? any other things to say?

maybe I should say my parents found out about that fraternity and aren't allowing me to join, so if I join another one they wont know the name and I'll be fine but I can't stay in this one.

i go to a pretty big school in texas so i don't think dropping would have big repercussions with rushing other frats in the future if i really just didn't fit in here. But I'm nervous that they'll talk smack to any other fraternity I try to join though and the other fraternity may drop me... Any thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGTess View Post
Be honest.

XYZ is not right for me. I respect each of you, but choose not to continue.

Anything less is deserving of blackball from everyone else.
What DGTess said.

If you have no intention of pledging elsewhere, then you should say Greek life is not for you. But it sounds like you want to pursue other chapters in the future, so definitely do NOT lie.

@~/~~~~