View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThinking View Post
You guys are A$$HOLES.

Seriously, I hope you lame a$$es find solace in entertaining yourselves with people trying to get information from you, and you just spit in their faces... You should be ashamed of yourselves!!!

You have potential members on here... people who you NEED for this greek tradition to continue, and you make yourselves and your organizations look bad when you mock and harass people.

What happened to that sisterly and brotherly attitude that you are supposed to have? The helpful and assistant demeanor that is supposed to be the guiding light of your orgs? Or, do you only believe you have to respect people with letters? Tell me, are the people you serve out in the community any LESS important or less HUMAN than you are?

THIS IS a community service, to aid people with what you have gone through. They have the same questions you had before you were greek. Why can't anyone on here seem to realize that? it's one thing to just ignore someone's question, which I have seen. But to waste your time to criticize someone who wants to JOIN YOUR RANKS is just mindless.

If you want quality, knowledgable people, you are going to have to deal with QUESTIONS. No one goes out and buys something or invests time into something without attempting to have their fears calmed and their hopes assured that they are going to make the right choice, especially something as masked as greek life.

So I hope greeks on here remember the time, the time when they were scared, questionable, and anxious non-greeks, who honestly searched for brother/sister-hood and understand that the questions posed on here are, for the most part, legitimate, and deserve a respectful and guiding answer. I know, for at least the BGLOs, that this mission (to serve the community with dignity and respect for all people) should be the staple of your lives. This should be exercised whether in real life or the digital community.

***This message is not for people who genuinely answer questions and understand the worries of the non-greek. Thank you for educating the members and guests on this website.***
The last time I checked Greek Chat was the Fraternity and Sorority Greek Chat Network which means that members of greek letter organizations come here to chat with one another and exchange ideas, not to answer a bunch of questions from non-greeks. No one is obligated to answer anyone's questions and those who get their questions answered are lucky since we get asked the same questions over and over. This is an online community and new posters need to observe before posting to get a feel for what's welcome and what's not.