Thread: Weird question
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Chapters at UNT may be different, but an idea of how often you'll be required to dress up based on MY experiences:

-business casual aka "pin/badge attire" (dress pants/skirt with nice top and shoes--could be flats) for weekly/biweekly chapter meetings, Panhellenic programs, Founders' Day, Parent events, some alumni events, etc...like 1 or 2 times per week

-Letter Days: Many chapters have designated days to wear letters, and usually this just entails looking nice in your letters. Nice jeans were acceptable at my campus.

-Social events/general going out: this will greatly depend on the culture of your school and the nature of the event. This could mean anything from cocktail dresses, skirt and top, dressy jeans outfits, casual t-shirt and jeans, or themed outfits.

-Gameday: Greeks at some Southern schools dress up for football games. I don't know if this is the case at UNT.

-Recruitment: when you go through, you'll get a general idea of what members are expected to wear. Keep in mind this is one week for formal recruitment, and probably during COB if applicable.

-Formal: depends on UNT's culture. Could be cocktail to formal. Once a semester in most cases.