View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I think IU, more than any other school, the girls need to think strategically as they make their lists between rounds. Think before you list! You will have a pretty good idea about what common perceptions are about the ranking of each sorority against each other, but what about the ones you liked (didn't think were so bad) that the other girls AREN'T talking about, or maybe are even talking badly about? You have a better shot at those chapters, plain and simple. The top 3 most competitive chapters at IU will take combined in the range of 130 girls. Maybe even fewer. The 3 least competitive chapters will probably take 225 or even more. If you felt just fine with one of those bottom 3 it really behooves you to keep them in the top portion of your list.

Now, understand that you likely WILL be cut from some chapters after round one and your rankings won't mean as much, but if you should happen to have an awesome round one and your bottom list actually comes into play, you don't want to have cut a chapter that you wish you'd kept come bid day. And I would use this strategy throughout the process. There ARE chapters who participate in quota additions so it is in your interest to keep one or two of them in the mix through the whole process.

I'm not suggesting you keep a chapter that you hate, but really, how valid is your opinion after a few minutes of a single party? I'm just saying, you will undoubtedly have a feel for most and least competitive chapters and do yourself a favor by keeping a mix on your list. And NOW is the time to think about how you feel about a houseless chapter. Would it be so bad? Maybe, maybe not. But don't get to bid day and then have an epiphany one way or the other. It will be too late. And IU is not a school known for second chances at rush.

And one final note, there is another colony coming on in the spring, right?