View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAzul View Post
So I've never been in a wedding. Ever. So I'm not entirely sure what the deal is with attendant gifts. My mom is of the impression that you give some sort of jewelry to wear on the day, and some other things as well. Is this correct?

If so, I think I may have found something perfect for our wedding. We're getting hitched the end of November, and our "colours" (I *hate* that btw) are browns and golds (very loose with this). I happened to find this necklace while flipping through Etsy.com, an addiction of mine. I'm thinking that its very pretty, and handmade, and there are a few different leaves in use, so I could get a unique one for each BM.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8478184

Any thoughts? Hints? Help? I'm wedding challenged at times.
I think that's lovely! And they're thoughtful, unique and most importantly, useful. I was in a wedding once where the bride gave us earrings to wear (she was very into the matchy-matchy so this got us all to even have the same earrings). But that ended up being my favorite attendant gift I ever received, it was one less thing I had to buy for the wedding and I could use them afterwards in my real life (god knows I couldn't use the dress again ).