View Single Post
Old 07-26-2001, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to erniegurl00 Send a message via Yahoo to erniegurl00
Yup. I know these feelings very well! I think all of my friend's jaws dropped to the ground when I told them that I was going to rush! LOL I guess I don't fit that "stereotypical sorority girl" type, and they thought I was nuts to go through with it! I didn't decide to rush until the very last minute. (And I'm being serious. I barely got my resume in on time!) I roomed with my best friend from high school, and I know she thought I was insane. It really hurt me because her mom is really anti-greek, and when she found out that I had pledged a house she teased me endlessly. She also got into a fight with my friend from across the hall. My friend's mother made fun of her sorority, and even stooped so low as to say "When you're done playing with your sorority 'friends' why don't you try making some time with your non greeks friends?" ARGH. Tinkerbell I just hope that you find some better friends in college! Most will probably sympathize with you since their eyes will already be opened to the real world. I know in high school I didn't want to be greek, and that's only because I didn't know anything about it then. Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Good luck!

------------------
If the angels up above
Could hear us sing our song to you
They'd see that in our hearts
We're Pi Phi's from the start