View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCMS View Post
In a perfect world girls would get a bid from a house they are totally psyched about. But we don't live in a perfect world and at super competitive schools like Texas, Ole Miss and Alabama, girls can be lucky to get a bid period even if it is guaranteed (given that they go through the system as they're instructed). I've known many girls take a bid who were unsure about their house, but they gave it their best. And you know what? They fell in love with that house. I've heard some say they can't imagine being anywhere else now.

My advice is that in a house with 300-400 girls you can surely find your "home", so take the bid and give it your best shot.

I wish the OP well in finding a home.
At UT, re-rushing is a good option. The only drawback is foregoing sorority life as a freshman. If you’re connected to actives as a freshman, you’ll be going to all of the frat parties and their formals, TX/OU, Round Up, the profit shares, etc., so you still fun. I’ve seen it happen here over and over. A girl goes through as an unknown, gets dropped by her favorite houses, drops out completely, only to re-rush and get what she wants as a sophomore.

Texas chapters average 200 girls (AXD not that many and SDT even less). Sure, there is always a girl or 2 within any house that you can bond with but you want to pledge a chapter that you fit with overall. Every re-rusher I know who connected with actives as a freshman had success the second time around. Because many girls only get into UT as transfers, all UT chapters are used to bidding sophomores.

And hey, if you’re dirty rushed, that means you’re on a sorority’s radar (a good thing!). Your takeaway: re-rushing at UT works so don’t settle. Can’t wait to hear your story!