View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 10:24 AM
GreekChat Member

My wedding, while ultimately fun, what a disaster because no one stopped to listen to me, not even my now-husband (who turned out to be having some major side effects from a new medication that was really stressing him out. He gets a pass.)

-The church address on the invitations was wrong. I had no idea until they had already been sent, and a family member that was invited enlightened us. The address we had on the invitations was for the woman who was in charge of church operations. All legal documents for the church went to her home, so that's what was listed as the church address. Crisis avoided by sending out a mass email saying that Google Maps/Mapquest was having a hard time finding the location, so here are some directions. We also posted signs.

-My bachelorette party was almost a flop from the start. The MOH, who lived six hours away, declined to come so she could go volunteering with the local dog shelter. I was upset, but I didn't say anything because she lived six hours away and that's a hell of a drive. Then another bridesmaid decided she didn't really feel like going. My now-husband caught wind of it and enlightened both of them to how upset I was and how crummy their reasons were. My MOH, who is a superstar, packed up an overnight bag and drove up. The other bridesmaid came as well, but she and I had a long Come to Jesus about her behavior that night.

-I accidentally threw out my veil. (No, I'm not kidding.) I had put it in a small bag on my dresser, and when I cleaned I must have grabbed the bag and tossed it. I realized it three days before the wedding. At this point I decided to nickname everything National Lampoon's Wedding. I had a birdcage veil (super simple), so I had Amazon overnight some russian netting, and I made one myself with a beautiful silver and pearl haircomb and a single bobbypin. I actually liked this one more than the one I bought.

-We had rehearsal the night before. We skipped the walking in part because we were more concerned about the ceremony. My now-husband thought that the bridesmaids were just going to wait up at the altar the way the groomsmen do and I would walk out with my dad solo. Uh, no. I'm convinced Husband has never been to a wedding.

-Because my now-husband thought this...there was only one song for us to walk out to. The Classic Bridal March, which I did not want to walk out to at all. I had made a CD of the music to be played because I was under the impression from my MIL that our DJ from the reception would play the music at the church (which is extremely old and has no standard A/V setup). Nope. He wasn't there. The best man set up a Bluetooth thing to play the Bridal March song, the only one on his phone. Luckily I had put the music I wanted on my phone as well and sent it in to be played. They played the music from my phone for the bridesmaids to walk in to, then repaired the Best Man's phone and played the Bridal March for me. However, I cannot fault the Best Man for this, because I didn't say I didn't want to walk in to that. I was under the impression we would have the DJ there. MIL got an earfull for that.

-I was late to my own wedding because the bridesmaids and my mom, who had gone up to decorate the church earlier that day, wanted to shower before we went up to the church. Since the Bed and Breakfast I rented for all of this only had two showers, this ate up an extra hour and a half. I was 45 minutes late. Now-husband was irked.

-The fancy eyeshadow primer I bought for the wedding somehow never made it to the bed and breakfast. I used concealer as a base instead. It did the job nicely.

-The gorgeous cake-topper my husband and I picked out never made it on the cake. To be fair, we didn't noticed until after the cake cutting when someone asked if we just decided to go without.

I was very, very happy when it was all over with because I was beyond stressed out with it all. Though no one noticed! People kept coming up to me and my husband and saying how gorgeous everything was, and how happy we looked (We were, don't get me wrong.) They loved the decorations, the food, my dress, etc.

Thankfully my honeymoon went far better and my marriage is going swimmingly.