View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Rushing As a SOPHOMORE?!?!? Got CUT Freshman YR.

Here's my short story... I signed up for formal sorority recruitment my freshman year. I go to a Big 10 school in the Midwest (I'm not sure if this counts as a competitive school or not). I got called back the 2nd day for parties, but on the 3rd day I got dropped by ALL 6 sororities from the day before, so I had no more parties on my list and was automatically dropped from recruitment. I was absolutely heartbroken, I have a great GPA, was involved in h.s. as well as in philanthropy, dressed up, and from my POV the conversations went good. I related to most of the girls I talked to? We talked about our favorite foods from certain cafes in the area and if we grew up in the same part of the state. And I made sure to avoid the 5 B's (Barack, Boys, Booze, Bucks, & Bible) of course.

Needless to say it was a HUGE shock to me when I got dropped by ALL of my houses on the same day. Again, I tried informal recruitment in the Spring of my freshman year with no luck and no bids.

I really want to try sorority recruitment again in the fall of my sophomore year, but am SUPER nervous, not only because of my past experiences but because I heard sophomores have a bad stigma when rushing.

Is this true? Do some chapters cut you just because of your non-freshman status? Or should I still give it a try? I REALLY DON'T understand what I'm doing wrong and others former Greek women I talk to can't seem to figure out what I did as well? I just want to find my group of sisters.