View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I personally don't want to know names of chapters, or the school. It lets us all think "maybe she's MY sister" and regardless, I don't see the benefit of calling out any chapters (positive OR negative). Why? Once you start naming names, you've easily got the school, all the chapters, and you're essentially perpetuating the whole "tier" business that you speak against, jolene.

I don't know anything about reasons for why some are "top" because frankly it varies all over the place (from campus to campus, even in the same city or state) and I really don't care. That is all way in the distant past. I'm focused on Panhellenic sisterhood and love my membership in my local Panhellenic group. Have so many good friends in every NPC group that's represented (and have NPHC friends also FWIW).

To each her own.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity