View Single Post
Old 03-04-2004, 03:18 AM
GreekChat Member

University of Pittsburgh is advisor-less again

Since there is a large Pittsburgh presence on Greek chat. I figured I would update you if you hadn’t already heard

For the second time in my 4 years at Pitt we have lost a Greek advisor. Anita has stepped down as our Greek advisor as of yesterday. She lasted less than a school year. She replaced Sharon who also quit mid year but had been at the university for some time.

The word on the street is that she was not getting support from the administration (surprise surprise) and was having a difficult time with students as well. Although having had experience in student life I can say that the advisors are treated very poorly by their imitate boss, and very few of them are happy.

This is the second year in a row that part of the year will be spent without a Greek advisor. Last year we spent the better part of the year including informal rush without any advisor. The interim Greek advisor has no experience with Greeks and is very anti Greek for those of you who know Bernie its going to be a fun year.

I can't wait to see what happens.