View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmoni View Post
Hello all! I am an aspirant of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated. I am, what you might consider, a "newbie" to GreekChat as well, so please bear with me, as I am sure some variance of this has been posted before.

I grew up in an area that didn't really have a lot of African-Americans, as well as was a first generation college student, so I didn't have much experience with BGLOs or Greek life in general until my sophomore year of college, when I began researching the Divine Nine. As I completed my research, I became interested in Sigma Gamma Rho, and acquainted myself with the members of the sorority on my campus. Although I wanted to pursue membership in undergrad, I was also in a tough situation where I was working two jobs, interning, and taking a full load of classes while applying for post-graduate opportunities, so I didn't think it would be the best time to dedicate myself to a MIP, if invited. However, now that I have graduated and am on more solid footing with my finances, I have realized that my dream of serving my community through this organization has not died. I would love to pursue membership in an alumnae chapter.

I will have the opportunity of attending an alumnae interest meeting soon, and I respectfully ask for any advice or tips on this - I have only attended undergraduate chapter interest meetings, and I am wondering, if there is a different protocol or anything I should expect? I want to be as prepared as possible. In addition, if possible, can anyone highlight differences between pursuing alumnae and undergraduate membership? I understand if these cannot be provided, and thank you all for your time!

Check your PM.