View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

1) You don't get a bid and you join another fraternity.

2) You get a bid. (Nobody noticed your story wasn't funny because they were all probably lame.)

The guy writing stuff down was probably taking notes because he was likely connected to new member education and was taking notes so he can remember something about each of you. Generally, kids going through rush need to calm down and relax.

Edited to add: The fact that the fraternity got all 30 of its potential new members together like this should be commended. You (the OP) need to think about the other 29 guys in the room and ask yourself: Do I fit in with this group of guys? Do I like them? Are they a fun group? Would I want my sister date one of them? etc. This is important because (to you) these 30 guys will be your fraternity. You will be closer to them than the current actives. You will double date with them and sit with them at football games and formals. They will become your best friends while you are in school. And when you graduate, likely be the only reason you will return for homecomings. They could likely be your groomsmen and, God forbid, your pallbearers at you funeral. So make sure, before you commit to joining, that you truly like the 30 guys with who you may be pledging.

Last edited by PhilTau; 01-29-2018 at 09:11 PM.