Thread: help :(
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

help :(

Hi guys! I just signed up today so I'm new to this bare with me
So I'm a freshman at indiana university bloomington. I ALWAYS have wanted to be in a sorority. Going into recruitment, honestly, I was nervous yet not getting a bid never crossed my mind. And guess what happened.....got dropped from EVERY house. I understand this happens a lot due to the fact there's so many girls rushing at IU. I just do not understand. Not to sound conceded AT ALL but I am a very social, outgoing, friendly girl and it is hard for me because I never ever anticipated not getting a bid. It was heartbreaking. All my friends had PERFECT rushes and everyone was shocked when I came back with nothing...my rho gam even thought it was a mistake at first. It is hard especially at IU with such a huge emphasis on greek life. It has been over a month since bid day and I still am feeling so lost and out of place. I really was looking forward to meeting new girls and establishing connections and I feel like I am really limited now. It seems like everyone only cares about the girls in their sorority, which I know I know not true at all but it feels like it. Not sure what to do. Anyone who rushed sophomore year at IU?