Thread: is it worth it?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2000, 08:12 PM
Artimis

You will hear many con's and many pro's about joining a sorority. The biggest benefit that I have found from my sisterhood was a sense of belonging. That no matter what you do, who you are, where you go, what you become, you have a sister to call upon to share your joys, heartaches, pains, fun, and love. Through the sisterhoods, you have have an oppertunity to explore the real you and you will always be excepted.

After graduating, I spent my first three years 10-15 hrs away from the majority of my friends and family and sisters. Through correspondance and visits and trips, my sisters (along with family and other friends) helped me through this rough time. They knew what to say or not say, and they knew a hug could go a long way....

I didn't pledge till my senior year. By that time, I was rather indifferent about sororites and really couldn't have cared less. After joining with several other women to bring my sisterhood to the campus, I look back and wonder how I made it through college without that much support and friendship. You will be suprised at how much strength you can find in a sisterhood of women who share commone goals, ideals and values as you do. And that goes a long way..

Jennifer

------------------
Beta Chapter Alumna and Founder
Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies
http://alpha-sigma-kappa.ou.edu/