View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
I'm going to try to be polite about this, but please don't show up and give bad advice. You do NOT know which chapters had recs for your daughter. Also, your daughter's outcome has nothing to do with PNM's who may be reading this thread and getting ready to go through recruitment. We've discussed this time and time again: women attending USC should obtain recs to every chapter.
Now I'm going to be polite about this: I absolutely DO know where my daughter had recs. Why? Because in my part of town, west Los Angeles, most of us either didn't belong to sororities or they belonged to AEPhi or SDT.
Sorority membership for girls from Orange County is different and yes, more widespread. We don't go to Neimans and ask around. It is different. My daughter, who was told that a friend of a friend was writing a rec for her in the house that she joined, absolutely didn't have a rec. She checked. An alum wrote her one on Pref night.

As I said, yes, you should have recs. But, as my daughter saw last year a good number of girls didn't have recs. They still got bids. Might they have had a different/better outcome? Possibly. But Los Angeles is a different animal.