View Single Post
Old 07-19-2004, 10:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Not sure if this is really a weird rush story but....

My only reservation about joining ASA was that one of the ASAs, while startlingly attractive, was widely acknowledged (by everyone else in the greek system) to be crazy and a pathological liar. She claimed to be "dating" two very famous baseball players, which of course was ridiculous. Even though a lot of the rushees gossiped about it, I decided other things were more important. One of my Tri-Delt friends tried to talk me out of accepting my bid, saying "I can't believe you'd want to be in the same sorority as that nutcase." ASA definitely lost a lot of good girls because of her.

After I joined, she tried to get some of the new pledges to drive from Penn State out to Kansas City with her to visit "boyfriend" #1 (a KC Royal who is now in the Hall of Fame). None of us sophomores would go, knowing it was a wild goosechase, but two of the freshmen went. As it turned out, they ended up staying at Famous Baseball Player #1's house. And later on, some of the girls went with her to New York, and went out to the bars with Famous Baseball Player #2 (a NY Yankee).

So she wasn't crazy, but she was a baseball groupie. Both guys were single, but still --- what were we going to say to people? "Oh, XX isn't nuts at all, she's just kind of a slut who likes to follow baseball players around." Which explained why none of them criticized her themselves, but they couldn't really defend her either. We just tried to be sure she was off visiting one of her "boyfriends" during rush, so as to keep her from telling the rushees about her hobby.

Last edited by LionTamer; 07-19-2004 at 10:48 AM.