View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 08:40 AM
GreekChat Member

OP, let me be blunt (not harsh):

What do you bring to the table that a potential four-year member doesn't bring? Because, right off the bat, financially you're not contributing as much (and it is not free to operate a sorority). Scales are tipped heavily towards freshmen. Is your GPA a 4.0 or close to it? That will help. If it's sketch, say like a 3.0 or below, well... not going to help. What activities have you participated in at your current campus?

Your comment about wanting to rush to meet new people - well then go ahead and rush, you'll meet new people. Actually you want to rush to get into a good sorority, though - right? Which brings me to the following:

Your comment about "a good sorority" is going to rub everyone here the wrong way. Because we don't play that way. Frankly, as a junior, any sorority that offers you a bid is a GREAT sorority.

Please contact the Greek Life Office for answers to your questions such as "upper classmen quota". Remember that because there might be such a quota, no sorority is obligated to fill it. It's an OPTION (correct me if I'm wrong, Titchou and other GCers who know more about recruitment regulations).

Good luck.

Last edited by AZTheta; 05-02-2017 at 12:01 PM. Reason: nevermind