View Single Post
Old 10-03-2000, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AXO Alum:
As for my being some stuck-up sorority girl...I consider it a compliment

Wow. Never thought I'd actually see that written in all seriousness. Especially not from someone who's not an undergrad.

Quote:

coming from someone like you who has utter disregard for the rituals of GLO's.

I respect ritual -- just not everyone else's. Sorry.

Quote:

I am not hard to "deal" with - check my other posts - if I disagree with someone, I make my point...HOWEVER - most people on this board don't post using the language you use and trying to be insulting.

My original post to you was in no way insulting -- I was really irked and couldn't understand what the point of the discussion was, so I inquired. It was not an attack on you, it was a direct inquiry into the attitude of sorority girls. ZChi4Life was nice enough to shed some light on the subject, and I am greatly in debt to her for that. Just because you got offended doesn't mean it was done on purpose.

And by the way, just because someone uses the word '****' or '***', doesn't mean that,

a.) they are trying to insult you
b.) they are a bad person
c.) their views should be ignored.

You may not like those words, but ***damn, that's the beauty of free speech.

Quote:

And I know so many frat boys that are phony and don't give a *** about the brotherhood at all.

Is this directed at me? If it is, what exactly is your basis for saying I don't give a **** about my brotherhood at all?

Quote:

Please go find somewhere else to be a pest - you have heard all you "need" to know here.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Quote:

You say you look for hardworking brothers yet you try to insult me by saying I'm "trying to vainly relive her glory days vicariously through undergraduates"

Those two things have nothing to do with each other. I can look for hardworking brothers, and at the same time, point out that you are trying to vainly relive your glory days vicariously through undergraduates.

Extreme analagous statement: "You say you want to write a book, but dammit, YOU EAT PEANUT BUTTER!"

See the silliness of your statement?

Quote:

why don't you think about the fact that I love AXO and I'm an active alum because strong alums make a strong chapter!

I thought about this, but just couldn't seem to bring myself to care about it.

Quote:

By the way - what frat are you "associated" with? Or are you really greek at all???
<sigh>

Yes, I am Greek. No, I'm not an associate. Yes, I am initiated. No, it's not some ****** non-social fraternity, like the "band fraternity," or the "fraternity for management majors" or the "fraternity for married and/or divorced people" or the "fraternity for people with a cat" or the "fraternity for people who learned to tie their shoes before age 7." It's a national, social, collegiate fraternity. No, I don't post rituals because I didn't get bids at those houses. Yes, I care deeply for our ritual. No, I don't give a **** about everyone else's ritual.

[This message has been edited by PnguinTrax (edited October 04, 2000).]