View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by undecided2404 View Post
I joined a sorority a couple months ago, and I m not really happy with it, and haven t clicked with a lot of the girls. I chose this sorority for really crappy reasons. A friend of mine suicide bid there which definitely affected my decision, and I also picked it for shallow reasons like popularity and status. There was another sorority that I almost put first but I didn t because I really fit in and felt comfortable there but I felt like being me wasn t good enough. The day of bid day I knew I had made a mistake. But I stayed with it to see if it got better and I still am undecided. Is dropping the right choice? Or should I stay and hope that things get better?
Quote:
Originally Posted by undecided2404 View Post
I'm just worried cause there's still a real chance I could be in the other sorority that I didn't pick for bad reasons (I have a lot of friends in it) but if I go through initiation at the sorority I'm currently pledging and drop after I wouldn't be able to rush next year... I'm just worried if I stay already feeling unhappy and a year from now I feel the same and end up dropping then I'll be left with nothing. I guess my gut is telling me to drop but I feel paralyzed by the fear that dropping is a mistake and that I'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
OK, here's the deal. If you drop, you can go thru next formal recruitment. However, there is no guarantee you will get a bid to any group. So, what you need to decide is if staying in the current group is better or worse than belonging to no group...because that very well could happen. You have no guarantees. Just trying to shoot straight with you.
The advice here is genuine, and I hope you come back and let us know how your situation continues.