View Single Post
Old 04-22-2003, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

At my high school (a performing arts magnet school with NO majority), the stuck up rich kids (regardless of race) ALWAYS used the word "ghetto" when describing something. They never even had a definition when I asked about their connotation for the word.

Example:

"Look at the fonts from this school newspaper from ten years ago. They're all different; they look so GHETTO"

"I feel so GHETTO today"

"OMG! Your bracelet doesn't match your rings! And how can you wear those shoes with that top? You look so GHETTO today."

In addition:

*POGS - Especially when parents would only let their kids play for fun and not for keeps

*Dance Dance Revolution - So, at your prom, are you gonna lay out a mat to do all that shit? My cousin was on a DDR TEAM that competed in a LEAGUE that did CHOREOGRAHPED ROUTINES and went to COMPETITIONS all over California!

*Remember in the early 90s when the Orlando Magic had Shaq and Penny and SO MANY people were wearing Magic gear? Remember when SO MANY people wore Bulls Gear only for people to be ashamed to be Culls fans anymore? I can't stand sports trendsetters. Pick a team and stick with it!

*Henna Tatoos

*Razor Scooters

*Those big backpacks with the HUGE clocks on the back from the 80s

*Did anyone ever have a "Wiz Personal Locker" backpack? It was this huge rectagular back pack that you could store everything in like a locker and it was a b*tch to carry.

*Kids pulling their back packs on luggage carts