View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
When someone asks why you are rushing as a sophomore, tell them that you have changed a lot over the past year, and that you want to make sure that this is something you might or might now want. Then quickly change the subject.
If someone were to ask, "Why are you rushing as a sophomore?", I would interpret that to mean almost the same thing as "Why did you choose to rush?" as posed to a freshman. I couldn't imagine that a sorority woman would be so impolite as to ask a rushee that question in an awkward "So, what gives? Did you get cut last year?" kind of way. That is, the sorority woman might be curious about the sophomore standing, but may not intend to imply any defect.

So, with in that in mind, would it be just as effective for the OP to answer the question in a straight-forward way without mentioning her standing at all? ("I'm rushing because I'm looking to get involved on campus and make friends blah blah blah....living in the dorms was a blast last year and I'd love to continue that kind of experience. How about you?")

True and Constant