View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyday07 View Post

Woody: I was so excited to attend Woody my second pref. party! We lined up outside the House and each girl was introduced by a sister that she had spoken to before. The sister would also say something special about the girl that she had learned about her throughout the week, which I thought was very sweet! When it was my turn I was introduced and taken into the House by the very first girl I had spoken to. She was so excited to see me, and I was completely stoked to see her! We had a great conversation, and the way she spoke about her House and the bonds she had made really touched me. I then spoke to a second girl that I had not yet talked to. Still we hit it off immediately, we were chatting, laughing, and sharing the best stories! It was just so great! Then, it was time for the ceremony. The ceremony was so beautiful, and the love that the girls had for each other could simply be felt. These girls did not want someone that was like them, they wanted someone that was themselves. When the ceremony ended the girl I had been speaking to led me out, and she shared a few words of what her sorority meant to her, which was very touching. I couldn't help but tell her that I felt very at home there, and that I could see the special bond her and her sisters hold. I left this House just knowing in my heart, my mind, and my soul that I belonged there. I wanted to be a part of Woody so much. I could only hope that the sisters felt the same about me as I felt about them.
When you said those two things, I knew it had to be Tri Delta. I still remember saying those words as president during the preference ceremony.

Welcome to the bonds of Tri Delta! I know you will have a wonderful experience!

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.