View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 08:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespink88 View Post
I have to say, watching the RSVPs come in is one of the funnest parts. It's so exciting seeing who is all coming! I know it sounds silly, because for the most part you expect people to come, but it's still cool getting actual responses! I am anxiously awaiting today's mail.
Yay! How many days until The Day?

------------------------

On an unrelated note, I want to rant.

Two friends got engaged a little over a week ago. It was a big,public, and showy engagement (like someone even filmed it), but she absolutely loved it and I'm very happy for them.

The thing that is driving me absolutely crazy is Facebook.

He's being very good about it. He changed his relationship status to "Engaged", made his profile picture one of the engagement, and had one general "Thank you to everyone. I am so excited and appreciate your well-wishes" status.

She is driving me absolutely bonkers. Every time I log on Facebook she has recently uploaded yet another picture of them kissing (and not like adorable on-cheek kissing, but ones where you can see saliva dripping on their chin!), pictures of them in the shape of hearts, pictures of them with the words "LOVE MY FIANCE (sic)", pictures of them laying on top of each other, pictures of their interwoven hands in hearts, pictures of her ring in hearts, etc.

She photoshops them constantly and uploads them at intervals so they are always at the top of the page. Literally every time I log in, it is the 2nd or third story on my page with her comments being the first or immediately after the photos.

In terms of these comments, she writes back on each "Congratulations!" written on her wall. This is sweet in theory, but each one reads "Thanks so much!!!!! We could not be happier!!!! Send me your e-mail and I'll send you the video of the proposal!!!! I AM SO EXCITED TO CALL HIM MY FIANCE AND I AM SO IN LOVE" or some variant of that.

I mean, good for you and I'm super excited that you are so excited about marrying him. But the Facebooking is ridiculous. I'm probably going to have to de-friend her before the wedding (or at least block her posts) because this engagement craziness has been going on a week and shows no sign of slowing. I can't imagine what wedding planning will be like.

I'm also extra irritable right now because I take Step 1 USMLE in two weeks, so that is probably contributing to this rant....

LET'S GO BIG RED!
Let me teach you how to Bucky!

Last edited by AOEforme; 05-14-2012 at 09:01 AM.