View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

To rcnjinterest:

If there are already other NPCs on campus, have you participated in formal recruitment? While it may be alluring to start up something brand new, your campus already has 8 sororities (I recognize 4 as NPCs) and I'm wondering why you've been "told" that you can't bring a new NPC to campus. Is it because national orgs have been struggling to keep quota up in recent years? If so, then I would think very strongly about why you think your campus could support another group. Are you *truly* filling a niche not being filled, or have you discounted existing groups based on their stereotyped reputations on campus?

Keep in mind that starting up and keeping a new group on campus takes a lot of work (likely more work than fixing a couple problems with an already established group) and it isn't just work that will need to be done by you and the girls you've got right now... it will be a lot of work for girls who will be on campus 5 years from now after you've left, and it would be a shame to see a group die out when its enthusiastic founders graduate. Just make sure you're doing it for the right reasons and you've already checked out the campus's current options before you take on such a challenge.

(And I'm also wondering if this poster is part of the Facebook group of girls mentioned in another thread)

Last edited by skylark; 12-07-2007 at 01:26 PM.