View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 07:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Invite Pick Up for Round 2. (6 Party Day)

So at 7am we gathered with our Rho Chi groups, and once again had to sit in alphabetical order.

We were handed a sheet of paper that listed all the houses that invited us back, and we could choose from that list the ones that we want to attend. I had spent much of the night trying to decide who to cut… so imagine my disappointment to only see 6 chapters on my sheet of paper. Ugh! (there is that youthful arrogance coming through again!). I would have a full party day, but would not be returning to Vanessa Huxtable whom I had really liked. Perhaps not getting a rec to Flo was coming back to haunt me as I had been cut by them too! (or maybe they just didn’t like me! Who is to say?)

The other two houses that had cut me were Laverne and Weezy. While a little bit of a blow to the ego, I knew that I would not choose those houses either, so it did not sting as bad. But… my arrogance/ego was evident as I was disappointed to have to go back to Chrissy Snow. (you had to attend the max number of parties possible)

My roommate Melissa had only been invited back to 5 houses. Like me, she was cut by Laverne, Weezy and Vanessa, but she did get an invite back to Flo. Melissa’s friend Amy was also only invited back to 5 chapters.

And alas, “Courtney” was again cut by Weezy, the only chapter she considered good enough for her. So she does what every “sane” person would… she transfers to the small non-competitive commuter school in her hometown before school even started. Upon enrolling at this school, she goes through their rush, and gets a bid. Guess who shows up back on our campus junior year wearing Weezy letters??? And then she has the gall to want to affiliate. Unfortunately for “Courtney,” the Weezy chapter at our school did not vote to affiliate her. (yes, that is now 3 times that the Weezies have rejected her, for those of you keeping score at home!) That girl continued to wear her Weezy letters every single day, and would tell anyone who would listen that she “was a Weezy.” I often wonder if it was worth it. She got the letters she so desperately wanted, but did not get any of the sisterhood that comes with it. Sad.