View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 01:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Meet the Chapters Night!

Ahh today was so exciting and fun, and I had such a good time! I stick to saying that I’d be happy anywhere, but my opinions continue to change A LOT as I get to know women from each chapter. Also I am tired. It’s been a long day. I wasn’t tired during the rounds, but I am now super tired! If I don’t write this out now though, I’ll probably forget some tomorrow.

Italian: First on our schedule was Italian. I was excited to go to this group since I’d really gotten along with them at the Meet and Greet. I talked to two girls here, and while I had a good time with them, I didn’t click with them quite as well as with the sisters I’d talked to a few days earlier. I had fun though, and knew that I would want to at least keep them on my schedule. But I also knew that I would probably have parties that I clicked with better.

French: Next we went to French. Their party was so put together and beautiful! I could tell that these sisters also had been practicing their rush conversations a lot. I spoke to three girls here, and got along with all of them really well! I left this house feeling like I would have a lot of fun if I joined here. I talked to the sisters a lot about social and philanthropy events, and about some of the random things they do with sisters. They seemed really fun. I hope I get invited back here.

Spanish: I don’t know what it was. I had a good time here, and the girls were nice. But I just had a feeling the whole time that this wasn’t the group for me. I got bumped like five times also! It was good to meet several sisters, but the conversations were so short. Also I was talking to one sister about their philanthropy, and she said “Yeah, when you come back tomorrow for our Philanthropy night--uh, to whichever sororities you get invited back to…” Oops! She caught herself, but I caught her too. Good to know they wanted me back, I suppose? I didn’t tell my Rho Chi because she caught herself and I’m sure they don’t mean to do that. I didn’t really want to get Spanish in trouble or anything and I knew it was an honest mistake. But as I said, I wasn’t really feeling it here. But I’ll be happy to go back if that’s what happens.

Japanese: I only talked to one sister here! After the five at Spanish, it seemed weird. But I really liked Japanese either way. The girl I talked to really seemed interested in what I had to say, and she was so passionate about being a Japanese. I think I’d be really happy to call myself a sister here if that’s what happens. I just wish I’d been able to talk to at least one more girl, not that the conversation with the one I did talk to wasn’t good. But, I had talked to some of them at the Meet and Greet, so I liked them already and at that point in the night they were my favorite.

Dutch: Sigh. Dutch. Hmm. I wish I’d had a better experience here. The Dutch girls seemed well prepared for recruitment, they were all beautiful, and their chapter room was filled with lovely decorations, crafts, and awards. They were a favorite by many PNMs. But, the girl I spoke to seemed like she didn’t really care what I had to say. She kept going on and on about how great Dutch was, and how they win all these things, and do all these events, and how great their sisterhood is. But when I would talk about stuff I did, she wouldn’t really listen. Pretty much right away, I knew that this group was not going to be high on my list at all. I didn’t feel at home or really even comfortable there. I don’t know if it was the girl, or me just not feeling it because so many others had a good experience. But I knew this one was not the one for me. But if I get invited back, I feel like if I meet other sisters, I might get along better with them. I’m keeping an open mind to Dutch but so far I feel like it’s not the chapter for me.

Afrikaans: I really want to love this chapter! But so far I just like it. I only talked to one girl here too (Chapters! You need to bump! AHH!!) and we got along well. The conversation stagnated at a couple points (which is when they needed to bump!) although I did have a good time talking to the girl and the party went by really fast. I had fun here, and I want to go back. Same as the Meet and Greet, I need to get to know them better. I hope that becomes possible tomorrow. Speaking of that, just like with Spanish, the girl started to talk about me coming back to Afrikaans’ Philanthropy Night and caught herself! I liked knowing that groups wanted me back, but I know that they know it’s against the rules. I still didn’t tell my Rho Chi. I know it’s serious, but it’s also serious. I didn’t want to get them in trouble… I hope I don’t catch shade for that. In their defense both the girl at Afrikaans and the girl at Spanish were sophomores doing Recruitment for the first time on the other side. Anyways, enough about that. I wanna go back to Afrikaans and get to know them better. As I said in my last post I LOVE LOVE LOVE their philanthropy so if anything I’ll have a lot to talk to them about tomorrow (y’know, assuming I go back).

German: WOW. Just wow. I wasn’t expecting to click with this group really at all, especially after Meet and Greet not going great with the German girls. But I think I am falling in love with this group a little bit. They have so many different girls, and they have such an obvious and amazing sisterhood, they’re super diverse, their chapter room was beautiful and so homey and the conversations I had were really great. Wow. I kind of love this group. I’m still blown away by the experience I had at this chapter. All of the chapters tonight before this one, I had fun at and had a great time talking to sisters, but at German I already feel like I would be happy to call myself a sister if that’s what ends up happening. I didn’t even want this party to end. Just, ahh! I was so impressed by this chapter especially since I wasn’t expecting to be. I really hope I get invited back to German!!

Our Rho Chis didn’t have us rank them all yet, they just asked which one we wanted to drop. (Ok, my rant starts here.) All of the Rho Chis keep talking about PNMs “dropping” chapters and they’re really really pushing the “it’s a mutual selection process” which everyone on here knows it’s not that mutual. And this girl was giving me crap when I was talking about how we might get invited back to our last choice, and all these other PNMs don’t get how it works. And the Rho Chis aren’t helping with that! It’s irksome to me. I’ve kept my mouth shut about it for the most part, because it’s not my place to explain the whole thing and I’d probably get in trouble for it or something. But the whole mutual selection is being pushed hard and… sigh. I’m a bit frustrated about it. And I know there are going to be a lot of girls disappointed/upset tomorrow when they get their last choice back or they lose one of their top choices.

</rant>

Anyways, it was clear to me which ones I liked in which order and why. If I could’ve ranked, I would’ve ordered them:

German
Japanese
French
Afrikaans
Italian
Spanish
-----
Dutch

Only time will tell where I get invited back to! Hopefully I get to come back to all of my top 6, but I really have my fingers crossed for the top four. But I stick to what I said; I would make the best of any chapters.