Thread: Dirty Rushing
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

You've gotten lots of good advice and information here. There is nothing to be gained by going to the national office, except for them to speak with this chapter with reminders about what can and can't be said during recruitment--which is not going to have any kind of positive impact on your daughter. As others have mentioned, recruitment is exhausting and emotionally tolling on both sides--but particularly for those on the other side. A lot of these girls are still teenagers and mean well and may have been saying all of these things to your daughter because they LOVED her and wanted her to list them first on her MRABA. But it is *highly* unlikely that any of these girls knew where she'd fall on their bid list, and therefore were not able to "promise" her anything--all bid promising rules aside. I'll never forget an absolutely darling girl that went through when I was an active--I loved her to death, the ultimate rush crush. I talked and talked her up but she still didn't land high enough on our bid list to get her. I was crushed, and I know she was as well. Fortunately, I had never made any kind of promise or implied in any way that she'd get a bid from us. I just don't see how your daughter has anything to gain from taking this any higher than her school's panhellenic office. They should report it back to the house, which would prompt extra "reminding" for the actives next year.