View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 08:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sororitysock View Post
No, Kevin, aggression. You as a white male don't get to define the way the oppressed feel about an action. You have no idea what it's like to be on the receiving end of this kind of behavior.

It's up to us to provide organizations where our members feel safe, protected and respected. We don't exist to change the racist inclinations young adults bring with them to college. Those have been years in the making - and whether subtle or overt - there is no room for that behavior in our organizations.

Where do you draw the line? SAEs singing "there will never be a n* SAE"? Banana eating Snap Chats comparing races with monkeys? Hanging a noose around the neck of a statue of a notable African American? Drunken Finstas declaring how you don't care about the plights of certain groups of people? Naming your team a racial pejorative? They're all kids. Their brains aren't fully formed. Let's give them a pass while telling them how naughty they are. That will make the rest of our members feel safe.

But boys will be boys, right?
Kevin you should have known that being a white male means you are not allowed to have an opinion on anything ever unless you want to be crucified
for simply being a white male.

The KKG's comment was a really bad joke and in this climate she should have known better. I don't feel she was being blatantly racist but blatantly stupid.

While we are calling out all things KKK let's not forget that there was a card carrying member who was an elected senator for many years and when he died was eulogized by several prominent politicians (one who was a former POTUS and one who ran for POTUS from his party). I will give you a heads up he and they weren't registered republicans. I hope some of you were
as equally outraged by that as well as this comment.

Hopefully this woman learns her lesson and that KKG nationally or this particular chapter are not harmed in terms of numbers from this really dumb mistake.

By the way I am glad some of you were so mature and so woke in your early college years that you never made dumb decisions that you would regret!

Last edited by zTaalum; 10-11-2019 at 09:09 AM.