Thread: APO Philippines
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 05:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeayea View Post
I don't want to disclose any part of my identity, but I will tell you that I'm from APO in the US.

To be quite frank, the general opinion of APO in the Philippines (at least in my Region) is extremely negative. The belief is that APO is huge in the Philippines because they are a gang. Literally, they go around and murder people; although to be fair, it is pretty much all based on anecdotal evidence... a LOT of anecdotes.

In the APO Facebook group, they frequently post RIPs for different brothers. It's sad people are dying, but it scares me to think about why so many Filipino APO bros are dying so often. I don't know why or how LFS got twisted up this way, but that's apparently what it is. Also, based on the APO Facebook group, the APO Philippines brothers just seem really really freaky in general--like they're brainwashed to love APO so much. They are obsessed with APO for their entire lives. Many of them have only pictures with them and some APO banner or at least making the APO hand sign--even people who are 40+ years old. They usually end every comment with "MWAB" or "STCW" which means "may we always be" and "strong the circle we," quotes taken from the Toast Song. They are so excessively proud of being part of a community service organization, but they don't post many things relevant to service at all. They make everyone else in the group too uncomfortable to post their own chapter things. They call donating blood, "bloodletting" which is a completely different thing that terrifies me. They also like to post "in memory" comments about the founding fathers of APO in a way that's really intense and comes off, to me, like worshiping. Also, they keep trying to guilt us into donating money so they can build their recruitment/scouting center that's like literally this insanely ginormous, crazy-nice center with glass walls and stuff. It simply just contradicts the overall goal of the fraternity, which is to help humanity, promote friendship, and develop leadership. This building is just completely unnecessary and grossly ostentatious.

In general, we don't like what APO is in the Philippines at all. The only reason why there is some relationship with APO USA and APO Philippines is because the US side doesn't have any way of stopping what the Filipino brothers are doing. Maybe it's just because there exists enough distinction between the two parties that the US APO has decided to just leave it the way it is. That's my guess. This is all based on my personal experience in APO, so please remember not to take it as the absolute truth. Hope this helps.
whoa. qfp. whoa

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06