View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

A lot of well-known universities offer these programs. And since you're not tied to geography, I would definitely shop them for price.

But back to the degree you have... you should consider your degree a blank slate that allows you to paint in the picture. My Journalism degree felt like a HUGE waste of time when I was in my 20's, but I love my job now (travel agent) and my ability to write helps it in innumerable ways. I almost always end up rewriting professional flyers the cruise lines and tour operators design for ease of use because they are bland. A PR degree seems like a similar, hard to get a job specifically in the field kind of degree, but awesome as you use it as a background for something else. Look for the crappy job in a field you'd like to move into, and then maybe go back to school. I believe I've heard Suze Orman say going back to school for another degree in order to make more money isn't a good investment.