View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton117 View Post
My D had great visits today. She really found something to like at every house and was paired with some terrific girls. She called me on her walk back to dorm... was already solid on her top two, and wanted to discuss the top of her bottom list. After talking it out, she feels she has made the best choices for herself and can comfortably see herself in 4 of the houses. I am crossing my fingers that she gets invited to pref round in at least one of her top two.

Sounds like the crappy situation with the chapter on C and D is complicating things for the girls who had that house on their list. My D has 2 friends who had them this round, and were notified by their RGs that they have to go to the union to fill out and turn in their lists under the supervision of recruitment officials. These girls were very torn about the troubled chapter. She also says a few friends are suiciding, feeling a connection at only one chapter on their lists. Doesn't sound like a good idea to me, but as the saying goes, not my monkeys...

Hope all the kiddos found connections today, and kudos to the girls behind the scenes and welcoming all these girls to their homes.
Glad your daughter found more of a connection with a couple of chapters that weren't in her top two, also. That bodes well for her keeping an open mind about what happens tomorrow. Best of luck to her, and keep us posted!

Also, you're correct. The c&d situation isn't good for the PNMs nor the actives in that chapter. I know that if I were a PNM, I'd be keeping all my options open in that situation, but if someone really feels a connection to that chapter, it would be difficult to make a decision.