View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 11:00 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckymer92 View Post
No. Considering that girls that rush tend to be well put together individuals to begin with, rushing based on looks wouldn't make a hills' beans worth of difference except that you end up with the pretty ones. Even with a chapter actually rushing for looks, there will be average looking girls in the mix just based on the subjectiveness of what attractive is.

It's really she said-she said anyway. I smell sour grapes.

The chapter that I’m familiar with has been accused of rushing for looks yet they are successful from every aspect, as is the whole of Alpha Phi. That’s the bottom line.
You’re speaking from a UT perspective. Because of the well known insane difficulty of that rush, it is far more self selecting than most. At many schools there are girls who cover all ends of the looks spectrum going through recruitment.

And I’m not sure how you (and your surprisingly similarly spoken poster commuter) can say this is “sour grapes.” The women confirming the blog post are already members of Alpha Phi. How can they be sour when they already have membership? Everyone else on this thread is talking about this practice as one they would be against whether ASA or KD or ZTA or anyone was doing it.