View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

OK, I just thought of my favorite icebreaker that has led to me forming (and pledigng) some of my biggest rush crushes, but you kind of have to be fashion obsessed (or at least fashion literate) to pull it off.

Comment on some part of her outfit that you sincerely like in a cute/sincere way that doesn't make it look staged. Let's say that she is wearing an adorable charm necklace. You can say, "So nice to meet you Patty PNM! OK, first things first, I am in love with that necklace haha, I spotted it from across the room. Is it vintage?"

If she says, "Yes", you can be like, "I am obsessed with vintage clothing, there is the cutest vintage store a block away from here, STORE NAME, do you ever go there?" If she says, "No, I got it at XYZ," you can say, "Wow, it's adorable and looks so vintage. I am obsessed with vintage clothing...well, just fashion in general. What type of look do you usually go for?"

This obviously only works if it's apparent she put time into her outfit, but from experience if the girl has put some time into her clothes, chances are she at least likes clothes enough to talk about them for a second or two. Maybe that's just the more "high maintenance PNMs" that I get paired with haha, but it definitely works if the girl is right. If it's clear she's more of a tomboy then don't go for it, but it works wonders with the majority of women I've met in recruitment...who doesn't like talking about clothes for a little?