Thread: Quota too small
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2002, 07:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi, I hope this post is the FIRST of MANY, MANY more! You have shared with us the feeings that a lot of us were wondering about. I applaud you for being so open. You know, you're attitude is so wonderful, it's going to carry you far.

Sometimes, as hard as we try, there isn't ANY concrete reason why this girl is cut or this one is invited. This is especially true when large number of PNMs are going through recruitment.

I know the sororities probably wish they had a way to detect the real reasons girls were interested in Greek Life. Member retention is a problem that I've seen discussed on several threads. Every GLO is concerned with this issue. IF the actives could see into the hearts of all the PNMs, I wonder how dramatically things might change. I guess this gets to a part of what Carnation is saying about lowering quota-missing out on some PNMs who would be loyal, contributing members not to mention loving sisters.

I also am glad you are not bitter and hope that you do consider recruitment again as well as the new colony! Thank you so much for posting. I KNOW you have said what many feel and many have thought! Hope to see you around ALL of GC!