View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

Not a second-timer, either, but I do have some suggestions:

1) Go to class, study, keep your GPA high! In fact, keep that in mind throughout school - you're there for an education first, then greek life.

2) Go to class, look at the other greeks, and make friends with them. They can not promise you a bid (no matter what you hear to the contrary), but it certainly helps to have a few current sisters willing and able to speak up for you when the time comes.

3) Join a few activities that are interesting to you. I'm on a trivia team, and was told something wise by the leader: it isn't always if you're right or wrong, it's the passion you have in the ones you know. So, if a lot of greeks are into the fishing club, and you just aren't into it, don't join because you think it's "in". Join the clubs where you have passion, and excel in them - and maybe you'll meet some greeks anyhow!

4) Behave yourself at fraternity parties etc! The very last thing you need right now is a bad reputation!

5) Do not ask sorority members you know why you weren't invited back to Pref! This is a ritual matter, and respecting each GLO's ritual shows integrity. Women without respect for ritual are rarely offered bids.

6) Check out the dozens of successful recruitment threads and see if there was something you missed.

That's all I can come up with right now - I'm running on fumes. Good luck, and keep us informed!