View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sororanon View Post
The google doc correctly outlines, in detail, how Alpha Phi recruits. It is a method designed by the current president of Alpha Phi who proudly gathers the ELCs around her to teach it to them before she visits our chapters.

I call on all Alpha Phi alumnae who are completely disgusted with it to write to the current Committee on Leadership who are slating the people for our next Board that will be elected at the next convention. Deliver to them the message that we need wholesale change of the Fraternity Board, the Foundation Board, the Panhellenic Delegation, and the Executive Director (interim, or not) needs to go. Return the Fraternity to a respected place in the greek community.

If you are advising collegians, share the google doc with them. Have a discussion with them. If they agree that they don't like it, they too can have a voice. Have them come to their next regional conference prepared to raise their hand and say that they don't agree with the hazing of our own members, the blatant disregard for our stated values, and not being allowed to truly select their own members.

If they don't make serious changes, meet me at convention for a floor fight of epic proportions.
sororanon I can only imagine the heartache you must feel watching an organization that you admire and love being led down a path so far from the vision of your founders and that which you experienced. If this were my beloved organization, I know I would feel the same way. I admire your courage and dedication. Best of luck.