Thread: Rebel Mom
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
Parents?

I feel like with a recruitment of that size, inviting parents would be asking for things to get out of hand, especially when hurt feelings, kids not getting their first choice, come into play.

Are they usually pretty tame?
I'm not sure when the parents thing started (I knew a girl who pledged about 7 years ago and it was in full force). Yes, parents, siblings, etc.

I read that this year the limit was 3 family members. Alums were allowed too. As for PNMs who were upset with their bid, I suppose having mom there might help although I'm sure some might say it enables the "snowflake" syndrome. I remember girls from my bid day who weren't happy but girls back then tried to buck up and give the house a shot.

Not sure what you mean by "tame" but the outside decorations, etc. had gotten pretty "lavish" so to speak, hence limitations put into place on what they could do.

In short, it was a security issue to control how many people could be there for crowd control and safety reasons, including who could go into the chapter houses.

Last edited by NYCMS; 09-25-2017 at 11:34 AM.