View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyl123 View Post
Also, I hear that to improve your chances to receive a bid, it would be a good idea to have a good resume. Does that include recommendation letters from older and family friend sorority sisters? Example: Having a family friend write a letter to the Chi Omega sorority house at Baylor. The thing with that is I am a first generation college student and also hispanic. I dont neccessarily have the opportunity to ask for letters since i do not know anyone personally. And would being hispanic make a difference in getting a bid from the Panhellic Council? Or should i just try the multicultural organization? Thanks!
I can't answer all of your questions (i.e. sophomore PMN's), as I've been out of the loop for many years, but I can say, yes...get as many rec's to as many sororities as you can. There is a great thread (under Recruitment Stories)...I'll see if I can find the link, that explains how rec's were obtained even when the PNM did not have any family members in the greek system.

As for being Hispanic, it shouldn't make a difference. I'm Hispanic and went through recruitment at A&M (1995). As I'm sure you know, in Texas, Hispanic's are everywhere, even in the greek system. Don't let that dissuade you from going through recruitment!!

Feel free to PM me! And good luck with transferring next year!