View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekeguy View Post
Hmmm... "Highly dismissive of the slave experience in America". OK, I find this statement quite interesting. Rather broad and inflammatory but unsupported statements are made regarding a major World Religion which statements approach it from a very narrowly focused point of view. This view proposes that Christianity in the 21st Century is a construct of a filtered version of 18th and 19th Century white slave masters apparently designed to keep slaves "in their place".
Absent any compelling evidence supporting this argument yet to be provided by the author I am challenging him to support his argument by offering evidence drawn from the whole sweep of the Christian history and tradition as well as secular history and tradition over two thousand years that Christianity is a whip in the hands of these white slave masters.
I do find this pointedly offensive as it dismisses the message of Christ as nothing but rhetoric of oppression. It ignores the facts of history and the two greatest commandments given by Christ that we "Love the Lord our God and that we love our neighbors as ourselves".
I do not propose to tell anyone what they should believe but I will rise to the defense of what I believe.
Good God, learn to quote. Your posts are ridiculously obnoxious to read (in fact, worse than those without paragraph breaks).

No one is attacking your beliefs. It's just that different groups and individuals have different experiences with Christianity and expressing those experiences is not an attack.

Last edited by agzg; 07-24-2012 at 04:51 PM.