View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Chi Omega Chapter name ordering questions

From viewing the list of chapters of Chi Omicron, it seems pretty clear that the chapter order is single letters starting with Psi and going to Alpha, and then this inverted Alphabet followed by those letters followed by Alpha, and the followed by Beta, etc.

And I appreciate that a chapter failing to charter may have letters assigned to it, which would cause single combinations to be skipped, like Gamma Gamma or Upsilon Epsilon. However what I *really* don't understand is why the "Epsilon" Alphabet stopped at Pi Epsilon with Roanoke College which was followed by the first of the "Zeta" Alphabet with Psi Zeta and why the "Eta" Alphabet and the "Iota" Alphabets were skipped. Can someone help me understand why?

I'm not a Chi Omega sister, I'm doing this because I'm trying to justify getting rid of those rows in the list of Chi Omega chapters on Wikipedia. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Omega_chapters)

Last edited by naraht; 06-15-2017 at 01:06 PM. Reason: add URL