View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

ETA: I also think some of the problem is that Generation Z just isn’t as into college as the previous two generations. More kids are going to technical and community colleges. My nephew’s boyfriend did vo tech in high school and got offered a full time job in HVAC as soon as he graduated. He makes money comparable to a recent college grad and has full benefits without sitting in college for one day. I think my sister’s youngest two kids will follow the same path; Peter is in the same vo tech for automotive right now and he loves it. I think it’s good, because not everyone is cut out for college and it’s stupid to force kids just for the sake of “everyone should go to college.”

I am reading a few books on the topic: The Five Year Party and College Unbound. I have mentioned the book “Paying for the Party” a lot on here. Basically the author, a sociologist who embedded at IU to study college students, found the lower income kids in her study fared better at branch campuses and getting a degree there, or an associates.